CHCI has assembled an outstanding line-up of powerful Latino leaders to participate in Keeping the Promise: Partnerships for Latino Education Success—CHCI’s education forum designed to foster an ongoing national dialogue focused on increasing educational attainment among young Latinos.
Join José Díaz-Balart, Telemundo news anchor, and Natalie Morales, news anchor on NBC’s TODAY, as they moderate two sessions to begin a dynamic dialogue on critical education issues that have national significance. CHCI has assembled an amazing group of thought leaders to address these issues. Other invited special guests include: Rep. José Serrano (NY), Rep. Nydia M. Velázquez (NY) and Rep. Pedro Pierluisi (PR–At Large), international recording artist Frankie Negron, and award-winning actor Tony Plana.
Keeping the Promise: Educating our Future Workforce and Growing Consumer Base
In this session, panelists will provide action steps needed by multiple stakeholders and educational partners to increase Latino student access and success in the current political, economic, and educational climate to ensure that our Hispanic students are prepared to fill future workforce needs, and sustain the U.S. economy.
- Rep. Pedro Pierluisi (PR–At Large)
- Lissette Nieves, Commissioner, White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics
- Antonio Perez, President, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Pedro Noguera, Peter L. Agnew Professor of Education at New York University & Executive Director of the Metropolitan Center for Urban Education
- Sarita Brown, President, Excelencia in Education
- José Díaz-Balart, Telemundo, Session Moderator
Keeping the Promise: The Agenda-setting Function for Multimedia & Entertainment Platforms in Latino Education Success
Panelists will engage in a critical conversation on the need to ensure accountability and the responsibility of media. This includes promoting Latino student success across all levels, industries, and professions and along the education spectrum, and providing role models that they can look up to empower and feed their aspirations.
- Miguel Ferrer, Managing Editor of AOL Latino & HuffPost LatinoVoices, Social Media Perspective
- Monique Manso, Publisher, People En Espanol , Print Perspective
- Tony Plana, Actor and Director, Television Perspective
- Frankie Negron, International Recording Artist, Entertainment Perspective
- Natalie Morales, NBC's TODAY, Session Moderator
View the full agenda for CHCI’s Keeping the Promise: Partnerships for Latino Education Success.
This event will also include a unique session entitled “Young Latino Perspective—In Their Own Voices,” featuring a panel of dynamic and motivated high school and college students who will discuss the obstacles and personal challenges they have experienced while pursuing their academic goals.
Finally, the event will conclude with the “Continuing the Conversation & Meet the Panelists Networking Luncheon,” sponsored exclusively by Comcast/NBCUniversal/Telemundo. The luncheon will offer attendees the opportunity to get to know the panelists and extend the important dialogue begun during the morning’s panels.
Register now to secure one of the last remaining seats in this exceptional event.