Spread the Word!
CHCI's Nationally Acclaimed Summer Congressional Internship Program
Application Deadline is Quickly Approaching!
Application Deadline: January 25, 2013
CHCI is seeking full-time college undergraduate students who are interested in participating in the 2013 Summer Congressional Internship Program. Selected individuals will receive an unmatched experience learning first-hand about our nation’s legislative process working for a member of Congress, as well as stipends, housing and round-trip airfare.
Students of ALL majors that have an interest in the development of public policy and who have demonstrated leadership abilities should apply. Forward this message to friends and family who may be interested in becoming a future Latino leader!
- Students must currently be enrolled full time and working towards their undergraduate degree
Note: If selected as a finalist, all individuals will be required to provide confirmation of enrollment to participate in the program
- High academic achievement (preference of 3.0 GPA or higher)
- Evidence of leadership skills and potential for leadership growth
- Demonstrated commitment to public service-oriented activities
- Superior analytical skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
Note: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application
All Summer Interns will receive a eight week work experience on Capitol Hill and great benefits:
- Free roundtrip travel to Washington, D.C.
- Monthly metro stipends
- Housing (all expenses paid by CHCI)
- Stipend of $2,500 for the eight weeks in D.C.
To learn more about the program and how to possibly get credit for the internship please visit http://www.chci.org/internships/
The selection process is competitive. CHCI receives over ten applications for every one available internship opportunity. The CHCI Alumni Review Committee reviews applications to identify the most qualified candidates. CHCI staff will select top candidates for internship positions.
Online Application Instructions
Applicants must complete the CHCI online application by January 25, 2013. Please contact Cecilia Majors, CHCI Associate Manager of College Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you do not wish to receive any further e-mails, please click here to manage your subscriptions.