CHCI's 35th Anniversary Events Volunteer Opportunities
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
2012 marks the 35th anniversary of CHCI's Annual Awards Gala—the signature event of Hispanic Heritage Month (HHM) and CHCI's most important source of program funding. As CHCI prepares for its 35th Anniversary Awards Gala and many other associated events, we need your support! CHCI invites you to become involved with HHM. These events draw over 3,500 guests – and your help, energy, and enthusiasm are integral to a successful event. There are many ways you can help support the Next Generation of Latino Leaders. Learn how. (more)
Please volunteer and make 2012 the best year yet! Sign up today!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
All Public Policy Conference Events take place at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center with the exception of the Arts & Culture Reception. The Arts & Culture Reception will take place at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of the American Indian. The 35th Anniversary Awards Gala will take place at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
Set Up Activities
Set Up Activities
35th Anniversary Awards Gala
All volunteers must participate in an orientation. Orientation will take place at the University of Phoenix located at 25 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington D.C. 20001.
Thursday, August 23 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m. (a light lunch will be served); OR
Thursday, August 30 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m. (a light lunch will be served)
PUBLIC POLICY CONFERENCE VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT
Volunteers can choose between two different levels of commitments:
Half or Full-day Shifts
- Half-day shifts are 4.5 hours; from 8:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Full-day shifts are 8 hours; from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Volunteers may choose to work both days of the conference (if desired); Tuesday September 11, 2012, and Wednesday, September 12, 2012.
Volunteers working at least one full day on Tuesday, September 11 and/or Wednesday, September 12 and who volunteer for the 35th Anniversary Awards Gala are eligible to participate in the dinner and dancing portion of the evening after volunteer duties conclude.
PUBLIC POLICY CONFERENCE VOLUNTEER BENEFITS
Public Policy Conference Volunteers (Half-day):
- Will have an opportunity to participate in conference sessions during non-working hours
- Will receive continental breakfast and snacks during volunteer hours
- Participate in the Luncheon Plenary Sessions (for volunteers working those particular events)
- Participate in the CareerLider LIVE job fair on Wednesday, September 12
Public Policy Conference Volunteers (Full-day):
- All benefits as stated above, plus attend the Arts & Culture Reception at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of the American Indian on the evening of Tuesday, September 11; as well as eligibility to volunteer for the 35th Anniversary Awards Gala on Thursday, September 13, 2012.
35th ANNIVERSARY AWARDS GALA VOLUNTEER ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Volunteers working the Gala must be available on Sunday, September 9, from 2:00 until 6:00 p.m. and on Thursday, September 13, from 5:00 until 10:00 p.m.
- Alumni who volunteer for the Gala are also asked to volunteer for tote bag stuffing on Sunday, September 9, at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center from 2:00 until 6:00 p.m.
- Fifteen volunteer slots are available only to CHCI Alumni on a first come, first serve basis. CHCI Alumni do not have to volunteer for the Public Policy Conference to be eligible to volunteer for the Gala.
- Only full-time Public Policy Conference volunteers may volunteer for the 35th Anniversary Awards Gala
35th ANNIVERSARY AWARDS GALA VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT
Volunteers must be able to work from 5:00 – 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 13, 2012.
35th ANNIVERSARY AWARDS GALA VOLUNTEER BENEFITS
Volunteers working during the 35th Anniversary Awards Gala will have an opportunity to participate in the dinner and dancing portion of the evening. All Gala volunteers are expected to work shifts as necessary. Gala volunteers must be committed to working the Gala; networking, socializing, and/or participating in Gala activities are not permitted while performing duties.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Your application must be received by August 22, 2012. For questions regarding volunteering, please contact Angelia Bland, Director of Events, at email@example.com.