Spread the Word! Last Chance to Submit Your Applications for the Nationally Acclaimed CHCI-API STEM Fellowship Program
CHCI is seeking to offer exceptional Latino college graduates from across the country unparalleled exposure to a professional experience in the public policy arenas of energy, engineering and mechanical sciences, while participating in CHCI’s nationally acclaimed leadership development training program. CHCI STEM Graduate Fellows also have the opportunity to publish a policy paper and develop/execute a policy summit.
To learn more about the program please visit http://bit.ly/1eG1BQN
Program Dates: August 2014 - May 2015
- Applicants must have completed a Master's Degree or post-graduate degree prior to the program start date
- High academic achievement (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Evidence of leadership skills and potential for leadership growth
- Demonstrates commitment to public service-oriented activities
- Superior analytical skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
- NOTE: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application
This nine month paid Graduate Fellowship Program offers selected participants the following:
- $2,900 gross monthly stipend to help cover housing and local expenses
- Free roundtrip travel to Washington, DC
- Professional Development Funds
- Monthly metro stipends
- Optional health insurance
- Optional short-term housing
The selection process is competitive; CHCI receives five applications for every one available fellowship. CHCI processes applications to identify the most qualified candidates. Applications are reviewed by a selection committee composed by Alumni, Board of Directors, and CHCI staff. Only top candidates receive an invitation for an interview. A selected number of fellows are selected annually, based on the quality of their application and their interview scores.
Online Application Instructions
Applicants must complete the CHCI online application by May 16, 2014. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please contact Felipe Bohórquez, CHCI Professional Programs Specialist, at email@example.com with any questions.