CHCI-Telemundo RESEARCH Intern Job Description
CHCI-Telemundo RESEARCH Intern Job Description
Summary of responsibilities: The Research intern is responsible for assisting the department with its initiatives to provide insights regarding the U.S. Hispanic consumer, Telemundo and mun2’s programs and competitors and Telemundo.com to its key internal stakeholders. In this role, the intern will interact with in-house clients across various departments including Digital Media, Marketing, Programming, Studios/Production, Sports, News, etc. This position will report to the Director of Audience Research and Director of Primary Research.
The intern will work up to 40 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate basic program ratings reports and provide topline data interpretations, presentations and highlights
- Review and summarize key reports regarding the growing U.S. Hispanic market’s demographics, attitudes and trends
- Study the behavior of the Telemundo.com and mun2.tv visitor through analysis of basic traffic reports
- Explore and develop topline reports on the sentiment and behavior of Telemundo’s viewers on social media regarding its programs and talent
- Assist with the coordination of focus groups, pilot/concept tests and market studies
Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Candidate must be willing and able to commute to Hialeah, FL, without relocation assistance. Student must be actively enrolled in a college or university. Students that have already graduated are not eligible for this position.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise using Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and macros a plus) and PowerPoint.
- Robust aptitude with numbers is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Telemundo Network Group LLC is a U.S. Spanish-language television network committed to broadcast unique and outstanding national and local entertainment, news and sports programming to the fast-growing U.S. Hispanic audience. Telemundo targets this growing and vibrant audience by delivering the best in Latino entertainment. The network's schedule features a wide range of original programming, including novelas, talk shows, original sitcoms, sports and news, children's programming, blockbuster movies, reality, entertainment and music programs. Telemundo Communications Group, Inc. is an operating subsidiary of NBCUniversal, the nation's leading broadcast network and film. NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer.
mun2 is the Hispanic cable network for young millennial adults 18-34. From reality to music, on-air to digital, mun2 creates original content that resonates across a multi-screen platform. Young, vibrant and unabashedly Latino, mun2 has a distribution to over 38 million households. The network is part of Telemundo Media, a division of NBCUniversal.
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Must be willing to work in Hialeah/Doral/Coral Gables, Florida
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work the duration of Program (10 weeks) - June 17th-August 23rd
- Project-based internship program
- Minimum 3.0 average
- Sophomore standing or higher (30+ credits)
- Must be authorized to work in the US in a paid position
- Attending an Accredited Institution and working towards earning an Associates, Bachelors, or Graduate degree
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Telemundo Media, a division of NBCUniversal, is a world-class media company, leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality Spanish-language content across its multiplatform portfolio to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. Telemundo’s multiple platforms include the Telemundo Network, a Spanish-language television network featuring original productions, theatrical motion pictures, news and first-class sports events, reaching U.S. Hispanic viewers in 210 markets through its 15 owned stations, broadcast and MVPD affiliates; mun2, the preeminent voice for young Hispanics in the U.S. reaching TV households nationwide on digital and analog cable, and satellite; Telemundo Digital Media, which distributes Telemundo’s original content across digital and emerging platforms including mobile devices, www.telemundo.com and www.mun2.tv; an owned and operated full power station in Puerto Rico that reaches 99% of all TV households in that DMA; and Telemundo Internacional, the international distribution arm which has positioned Telemundo as the second largest provider of Spanish-language content worldwide by syndicating content to more than 100 countries in over 35 languages.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.
mun2 is the destination for young, Hispanic adults 18-34 and 18-49, providing authentic, vibrant Latino content for the fastest growing population group in the U.S. As the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, mun2 combines the best in reality, scripted, music and sports programming to reflect the diverse lifestyle and language of its audience. The networks’ content can be found across multiple platforms, including its award winning mun2.tv site. With offices in Los Angeles, Miami and New York, the network is part of Telemundo Media, a division of NBCUniversal.