CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern Program
The CHCI Scholar-Intern Programs are designed to allow students to not only receive monetary support for their education, but also gain hands-on experience in their chosen field through an internship.
CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern Program Deadline: April 16, 2014 [CLOSED]
The CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern program is designed to allow students (must be considered a senior with a minimum of 90 credit hours graduating in either December 2014 or Spring 2015) to not only receive monetary support for their education, but also gain hands-on experience in the Accounting field during a 13 week internship during summer 2014 at Tyson Foods Headquarters in Springdale, AR.
The CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern Program requires a 13 week paid internship in which Tyson Foods directly places you in their Springdale, Arkansas Headquarters. If selected, you MUST complete the internship in order to receive scholarship funds. Upon completion of the 13 week internship, you will receive your scholarship award in fall 2014.
Please Note -- You must be majoring (declared) in Accounting to be considered for this scholar intern program.
Application Check List:
1. Application Profile
2. One Letter of Recommendation
3. Completed Scholarship Application:
- Two essay questions (Suggested Length: 300 words minimum; 600 words maximum)
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Complete copy of 2014-2015 Student Aid Report (SAR) with Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number clearly shown
4. Legal Agreement
Selection as a CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern is based on a combination of the following criteria:
- Full-time enrollment in an accredited four-year university (must be considered a senior with a minimum of 90 credit hours graduating in either December 2014 or Spring 2015 only) during the period for which scholarship is requested
--Individuals that will graduate in May/June 2014 are NOT eligible for the CHCI-Tyson Foods Scholar Intern Program
- A declared major in Accounting
- Must be able to drive to Arkansas with own transportation
- Demonstrated financial need
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- Strong writing skills
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
NOTE: Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA)policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application
The programs that you are eligible to apply for are predetermined, based on the information you provide in your profile.
CHCI scholarships provide recipients with a one-time scholarship of $2,500 to pursue an undergraduate degree.
Scholarship awards are intended to provide assistance with tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment.
Since you are considered a senior during the 2013-2014 school year (graduating in either in December 2014 or Spring 2015), you will be awarded $2,500.00 in fall 2014 (after you've completed the internship).