CHCI-Telemundo SOURCING Intern Job Description
CHCI-Telemundo SOURCING Intern Job Description
Summary of responsibilities: The Sourcing Intern will perform sourcing work in different TV commodities. Work involves spend analysis and preparation of Telemundo sourcing documents for Telemundo Network and Telemundo Studios.
The intern will work up to 40 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze spend base
- Supplier Maintenance
- Red Book process
- Research supply market dynamics
- Scope and prioritize opportunities, including sourcing strategy development
- Develops, issue and analyze RFP(s) RFQ(s)
- Periodic presentation of findings, opportunities, sourcing strategy, outcomes and implementation plan to Sourcing team
- Prepares and reviews specifications, working with internal customers and suppliers to secure full descriptions of items to be used as a basis for bids on commodities within assigned classifications; and corresponds with agency representatives and vendors regarding purchase requirements, delivery, and quality of product/service
- Maintains files of sourcing negotiations and other material to document sourcing activities
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Majors should include all Business disciplines. Must be willing and able to commute to Hialeah, FL, without relocation assistance. Student must be actively enrolled in a college or university. Students that have already graduated are not eligible for this position.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate should have competence with computer systems and various computer applications are required. Ability to use Excel, Word, Access, Adobe Acrobat, and Project Management. Strong Internet skill-set. Good organizational skills. Attention to detail. Good writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with various functional groups. Self-motivated, able to work independently in order to meet deadlines.
Telemundo Network Group LLC is a U.S. Spanish-language television network committed to broadcast unique and outstanding national and local entertainment, news and sports programming to the fast-growing U.S. Hispanic audience. Telemundo targets this growing and vibrant audience by delivering the best in Latino entertainment. The network's schedule features a wide range of original programming, including novelas, talk shows, original sitcoms, sports and news, children's programming, blockbuster movies, reality, entertainment and music programs. Telemundo Communications Group, Inc. is an operating subsidiary of NBCUniversal, the nation's leading broadcast network and film. NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer.
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, is a plus
- Must be willing to work in Hialeah/Doral/Coral Gables, Florida
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English (speak, read & write)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work the duration of Program (10 weeks) - June 17th-August 23rd
- Project-based internship program
- Minimum 3.0 average
- Sophomore standing or higher (30+ credits)
- Must be authorized to work in the US in a paid position
- Attending an Accredited Institution and working towards earning an Associates, Bachelors, or Graduate degree
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Telemundo Media, a division of NBCUniversal, is a world-class media company, leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality Spanish-language content across its multiplatform portfolio to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. Telemundo’s multiple platforms include the Telemundo Network, a Spanish-language television network featuring original productions, theatrical motion pictures, news and first-class sports events, reaching U.S. Hispanic viewers in 210 markets through its 15 owned stations, broadcast and MVPD affiliates; mun2, the preeminent voice for young Hispanics in the U.S. reaching TV households nationwide on digital and analog cable, and satellite; Telemundo Digital Media, which distributes Telemundo’s original content across digital and emerging platforms including mobile devices, www.telemundo.com and www.mun2.tv; an owned and operated full power station in Puerto Rico that reaches 99% of all TV households in that DMA; and Telemundo Internacional, the international distribution arm which has positioned Telemundo as the second largest provider of Spanish-language content worldwide by syndicating content to more than 100 countries in over 35 languages.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.
mun2 is the destination for young, Hispanic adults 18-34 and 18-49, providing authentic, vibrant Latino content for the fastest growing population group in the U.S. As the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, mun2 combines the best in reality, scripted, music and sports programming to reflect the diverse lifestyle and language of its audience. The networks’ content can be found across multiple platforms, including its award winning mun2.tv site. With offices in Los Angeles, Miami and New York, the network is part of Telemundo Media, a division of NBCUniversal.